A George III Mahogany Mule Chest
This piece of furniture was recently restored in our workshop.
Amongst some of the repairs that we carried out to it were:
The shaped up-stand to the back of the top was badly broken and in pieces – this was re-glued
back together and re-secured at the back of top.
The shaped ogee feet were damaged and parts were missing – we rebuilt the feet by gluing on
pieces of mahogany and re-shaped these with the use of traditional moulding planes.
We also repaired the damaged mouldings around the edges of the drawers by letting in and
gluing on pieces of mahogany and shaping them.
All the repairs were carefully coloured in to match with the original and the piece of furniture
was revived and waxed up.